Wednesday 7 April 2010

Temple shiver temple

Big travel day today, 3 trains and a cable car - all managed very
neatly by K. We did manage to board the 'express' train at one point
having only got an ordinary ticket, but the conductor fixed us up.

Lunch was another of our quite favorite pizza-buns which are kind of
like a two story fluffy crumpet with cheese and stuff baked into it.
This was washed down by some grape juice which was nice but had a
stange aftertaste somewhat similar to my childhood memory of 'calpol'
- I was always pleased to be ill enough to get some of that, so
enjoyed this also, K not so impressed, so all the more for me.

Koyasan is a tad cold this time of year 0c actually. Our temple inn is
very posh, and made of wood, with no insulation (we suspect these
buildings are build to remain comfortable in the summer heat), after a
traditional dinner that I must confess I gave up trying to identify
we are now tucked under our room's coffee table on the floor which has
a built in heater! Yum.

Lovely mix of temples and shrines here, including a huge one that M
called the B&Q temple due to it's bright Orange paint job. Quite a
lot of the ones we have seen so far are just White though so maybe our
friend ian should come out here with work !

I think the best decorated temples will be in Kyoto as long as they
are not covered up . The orange one is great though as it is so
different to ones we have seen so far - piccy tomorrow with name which
I have currently forgotten.

We have Buddhist breakfast tomorrow after morning serviice at 6.30am
cripes - all the different foods Are great but I confess if it is fish
and tofu for brekky then I hope there is a cake shop somewhere near !

Well I had better go as I think the undertable heater is burning
through my trousers.....Poooof!

No wifi tonight so might be a while before this one goes up (unlike
k's trousers)

No comments:

Post a Comment